Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Cristiano Ronaldo - World's Greatest or Greatest Dissapointment?


Coming into the FIFA World Cup 2010, every soccer fan expected Cristiano to be stellar, leading Portugal far into this year's tournament. But for Ronaldo, things didn't quite go the way he expected. We can all agree that he did have his eyes set on goal the entire tournament, but we can also agree that his eyes were set on a far target. At this year's World Cup, Ronaldo took over 20 shots with about 19 of them taken outside of the box. I don't know if it's only me, but I think he was just trying to show off.
We all know CR is one of the world's greatest players, but how can we ever know if he doesn't show up to play at the world's biggest sporting event? Ronaldo's only goal in the tournament was a clumsy goal, where the ball luckily wound up at his feet. I myself wanted to see Portugal go far after seeing my team(Italy) get knocked out in the group stages. I was hoping to see an impressive game from Ronaldo, in a match that would surely show his greatness.
Maybe 2014 will be different for him?

No comments:

Post a Comment